Table of Contents
Gajar ka Halwa
Gajar ka Halwa also known as Carrot ka halwa , It is a typical famous North Indian dessert made from fresh grated carrot , milk , ghee & sugar during winters . The gajar halwa is very tasty & delicious dessert is very famous during winters in the northern part of india among the all ages of people . You also see this dessert during marriages in winters , parties , buffets & at every local halwai shop near to you . In this post we will learn how to make gajar halwa at home in a traditional way in a very simple steps , so be ready to learn to make the tasty & delicious Dessert at home for your loved ones . Follow the simple steps below.
Gajar ka halwa recipe
gajar ka halwa ingredients
- 1 kg of Fresh Carrots (Gazar )
- 2 Cup of Full cream Milk
- ½ Cup of Sugar ( as per taste )
- 3-4 tsp of Ghee
- ¼ cup of chopped nuts ( cashew , almonds & pistachios )
- Half tsp Cardamom Powder
- A pinch of Saffron
Gajar ka halwa kaise banta hai | How to make Gajar ka halwa |
- Step 1 : Grate the Carrots .
- Wash , Peel & Grate the carrots .
- Step 2 : Cook the carrots :
- Take a Kadhai , add a 2 tsp of ghee to it
- Now Add the grated carrots to the pan , keep stirring continuous to prevent them form sticking & also ensure it is cooked.
- Cook the carrots for 15-20 minutes till it become soft & carrot should realese the water or moisture .
- Step 3 : Add Milk
- Once the carrot becomes soft then add milk to it and mix it well .
- Cook the carrots in milk for 15-20 minutes over a medium flame heat .
- Step 4 : Sugar
- Now add sugar & continue to cook and mix properly , the sugar will release moisture , you have to mix & cook till it becomes thick for 15 mintutes .
- Step 5 : Add Nuts
- Now add nuts ( cashew tukda , almonds tukda & pista ) into it with the saffron and cardamom powder , mix it well till it becomes more thick and glossy .
- Step 6 : Serve
- turn off the stove and Serve HOT in a plates .
- Now enjoy the delicious & tasty dessert which is home made . I have given some tips for you for the tatse of Gajar halwa .
There are many types to make gajar ka-halwa
- 1. Traditional Method made with Milk
- 2. It can be made with the condensed milk
- 3. Gajar halwa made with khoya or mawa (made from milk )
- 4. Gajar halwa made with the help of milk powder .
- You can also add Koha into it .
- It should be served hot and fresh , You can also refrigerate .
- Carrots must be Red and fresh .