Table of Contents
Raksha Bandhan 2023: It is a Hindu holiday that honors the protective and loving relationship between siblings. Sisters tie a sacred thread or amulet called a Rakhi on their brothers’ wrists to signify their love and ask for their well-being. This celebration is also known as Rakhi Purnima or Rakhi. The brothers agree to care for, cherish, and spoil their sisters in exchange for gifts. On the first day of the month of Shravan, which normally falls in August, the festival is observed.
Best Date and Time in 2023
The Festival will be observed on Wednesday, August 30, 2023, in the following year. Drik Panchang states that 9:28 pm to 21:14 pm is the most auspicious time to tie a rakhi. It ceremonies should not be performed during Bhadra, an unlucky time frame that runs from 5:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. on the same day. The Purnima tithi, or full moon day, lasts from 10:58 am on August 30 to 7:05 am on August 31.
The symbolic significance of Raksha Bandhan :
The holiday of this festival celebrates the link, love, and protection between siblings. On this day, sisters ask their brothers for protection by tying a rakhi (a holy thread) around his wrist. The brothers swear to constantly love, look out for, and guard their sisters in return.
Additionally, It is a time for celebrations and family get-togethers. All throughout the world, brothers and sisters gather to commemorate this unique event. They converse, share delicious meals, and give and receive gifts.
The Raksha Bandhan occasion :
Hindus all around the world and in India celebrate it with great fervor and excitement. The primary Raksha Bandhan customs are:
- Preparation: Sisters provide sweets and presents for their brothers in addition to buying or making Rakhis for them. Additionally, brothers pre-purchase gifts for their sisters.
- Tilak: As a sign of respect and blessing, sisters put tilak or vermillion to their brothers’ foreheads on the day of Raksha Bandhan.
- Aarti: Sisters then offer aarti to their brothers or wave a lamp in front of their faces to ward off bad spirits and wish them good fortune.
- Rakhi : After fastening rakhis to their brothers’ wrists, sisters sincerely wish them health and happiness.
- Sweets : As a representation of the sweetness in their connection, sisters give their brothers candy or chocolate.
- Gifts : Then, as a sign of appreciation and love, brothers give their sisters gifts or money.
- Promise : Brothers then make a pledge to treat their sisters as equals and to always support and defend them.
Facts and Meaning of This Festival :
The following are some crucial details regarding this festival :
- India’s well-known celebration of Raksha Bandhan honors the protective and loving relationship between a brother and sister.
- It is observed on the last day of the August-born Hindu month of Shravan.
- Sisters ask their brothers for protection on Raksha Bandhan by tying a rakhi, a sacred thread, on their wrist. The brothers swear to constantly love, look out for, and guard their sisters in return.
- Because it honors the protective and loving relationship between siblings, it is a significant event in India. On this day, siblings reaffirm their affection for one another and make a commitment to support one another always.
2023 : Raksha Bandhan FAQs
- In India , When is Raksha Bandhan in 2023?
The muhurat, or lucky time, to tie a rakhi is on August 30 from 9:28 AM to 21:14 PM.
- On the occasion of Raksha Bandhan, what do sisters offer their brothers?
They ask their brother for protection while tying a rakhi around his wrist.
- On Raksha Bandhan, what do brothers offer to their sisters?
They provide their sisters with gifts like clothes, candy, and jewelry.